Sunday, January 27, 2008

twice in one day!!

I am at home now, for a precious few moments before I have to head back to the church, so I thought I would sit down and get to know my way around a little better here on my new blog.  I think this is my favorite part of the whole thing...its like moving into a new house, only without all the aches and pains and if you had a lot of money to make it just the way you wanted it.  Anyway...I digress.  So let me explain why I had a sudden change of heart about this whole blog thing.  I used to blog, and quite frequently, but then I more or less fell away after I got married and moved off and started working at the church I am now.  I began to come under some heavily clouded skies...like there was this anti-anne barrier blocking my phone line to God.  So time went by and here we are two years later.  Well, like I said earlier I just returned home from a two week stint in the desert.  I was in AZ helping to lead an internship for high school students who were learning about the whole mission trip thing.  I had a great time, met some really great teenagers, spent time with someone who I consider a spiritual mentor, and got to experience things that I never have in my years of going on mission to the Tohono O'odham Reservation.  So I come home after a great time of learning and teaching and serving, and I am tired and dehydrated, and frustrated because my dogs are sick.  The week that followed my return home I fell into some what of a depression.  Coming home to problems when your husband is in Iraq is not a funny place to find yourself in.  So I sat on the couch and watched TV for most of the week.  Not to mention that I have not been sleeping well...maybe it correlates with all my sofa surfing...anyway.  All of a sudden it was saturday night and I knew that I had to get up early to get ready for church so I drew myself a bath in hopes that it would help me sleep...and it did, I was able to drift off to sleep at around midnight...praise the Lord!!  Or so I thought.  i woke up at 3:30 am to what sounded like someone pressure washing my carpet.  I instantly knew I had a large problem on my hands...a Great Dane with explosive diarrhea.  Not fun...let me tell you.  Needless to say it was a rough couple ouf hours.  I finally got back in bed and tried to wrestle the last bit of sleep I could out of the night before I absolutely had to get up.  Satan even had me debating on skipping church or not.  Well, my spirit won out and I made it by 9:30.  I got into my office and sat down and read my sister's blogs and got frustrated.  Why couldn't I blog?  Why was I depressed?  Why wasn't God getting me out of this situation??  God where are you?????  And then I went out of my office and people that were at the church started telling me how much they had missed me and they were so glad I was back, etc.  I began to feel loved by the people here for the first time in awhile...not because they don't love me, but I was finally in a place where I COULD feel it.  Anyway, God began to reveal to me His presence and how much HE loves me through His people.  Despite how tired I am and the poop and all the other mess.  He is my Father and He LOVES me.  All of this to say that in order to get me out of my spiritual desert, God took me into the physical desert to refresh my spirit and let me drink of His presence.  I am so thankful for my church family and my co-workers.  I was astonished to find myself full of joy when I could be anything but.  

6 comments:

myra said...

so cool, so cool and you are too!! Welcome little sis, to say that I'm glad you're here would be an understatement!

myra said...

I'm glad I can still pressure and bug you enough to do things that are good for you:)

Ahhh..processing...one of my favorite words!

myra said...

So? What's wrong with your dog?

myra said...

So...what were your original blog names?

myra said...

So, how do I get my dog to stop chasing cars? And Zoe to lose some weight?

myra said...

Are you sure you have time for this, I have a lot of questions?