Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Note to self

Note to self:  Never ask a certain sister to pray for something unless you really mean it.  Here's the story...Yesterday I got on this kick that I wanted to start waking up early (what was I thinking???)  So I called my sister who has 5 kids to ask if she would give me a little ring when they all started moving.  Her answer was "of course" followed by "you should pray and ask God to send you a wake up call."  Kiss of death.  Those words are stronger than you would think.  So I know, I just know my sister prayed that God would send me a wake up call.  How do I know this you ask?  Because He did.  4:45 am on the DOT Titus erupts with another bout of diarrhea rockets and I am out of the bed like a 4th of july firecraker on steroids.  Yes, there I was, AGAIN, on my hands and knees scrubbing CRAP off the carpet...only with carpet its more like you are just rubbing it in.  But here's the really weird part of it all.  I was in a great mood about it.  I thought to myself, "hey, its 4:45...I might as well just stay up and start the day...so I grabbed my computer and headed downstairs to do a little reading in John and pray for a bit.  So, God in His goodness and mercy, got me awake with the method that does the trick every time and also gave me the strength to endure it and redeem the situation.  Can't wait to see what my sister prays for today...

1 comment:

myra said...

You are an answer to my prayers! I love you, are you trying to butter me up or something?