Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Constantly Amazed

Thats right, I am constantly amazed by God.  Constantly.  Over the last few days as most of you know, I have been rather frustrated and downtrodden.  But this weekend God showed up in a big way.  This past weekend was Student Life Tour in Hattiesburg, Ms.  I, along with two other chaperones, took 10 students ranging in ages from 12-17.  Crazy big age range, I know.  Prior to the trip I was having a fairly stressful week.  I had a looming meeting with my volunteer staff that I was dreading, and I was racing toward a weekend with teenagers that can only go two ways... awesome, or terrible.  Needless to say I was in a lot of prayer.  A LOT of prayer.  So friday rolled around and we were set to leave at 4:30 pm, but as things normally go, we didn't leave until about 5:20.  So we were going to be late.  But in God's amazing providence they didn't start on time so we were able to get registered and find good seats all before it started.  And what we experienced over the next two days was most definitely engineered by God Himself.  The high school students loved on the middle school students and people who never have before payed attention.  But the best part of it all was sunday night.  We decided, instead of doing a regular sunday night, to take the students to Krispy Kreme just because we love them.  Of course it was a hit, but what was so amazing was the time that we had when we went back to the church.  When we got back, we gathered in the circle of couches and talked about what everyone brought back from Student Life.  The responses that some of the kids gave blew me away.  So often you think that they aren't listening, and many times they aren't, but this time a few of them really got it.  And whats really cool is that they are normally the kids who don't get it.  God you are so awesome.  You totally blow me away when I most need it!

Oh yeah, and that meeting I was dreading...God showed up there too.  We were all in such agreement.  We were coming up with the same ideas and I believe that through prayer that we have become a team.  God is good.

No comments: