Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blame it on the brain

The date was friday the 14th of March and it was around the middle of the day.  I decided that I needed to get an envelope from the very top shelf and so I climbed on a chair.  As I was turning around to get down, I felt the chair begin to pitch forward.  I leaned back to counter balance and thats when I realized I was going down.  At first I thought that I had just tipped it a bit, but after it was all said and done I found that the leg of the chair had given way (heavy blow to the self confidence).  The back of the chair met my forehead and the legs met my left ear.  Once on the ground I laid there until I knew I wasn't going to cry.  When I got up there was a second forehead growing above my brow bone at an alarming rate.  And I was nauseous the rest of the day and I STILL have a headache two days later along with my lovely lady lump.  The lump is decreasing, but only because it is migrating down my face and making my nose and eye puffy.  Its quiet enjoyable really...yeah right.  Anyway, ever since then I have not been quite right...I have been testy, sleepy, slightly confused, and in a little bit of pain.  Yeah, never went to the doctor, but I am not in a coma (obviously) so I think I am out of the woods...or so I am telling myself.  It would be just my luck that I end up with some delayed brain hematoma or however you spell it that drastically changes my quality of life.  Anyway, so if I don't post, or if I do and it doesn't really make sense, at least you will know why.  Oh yeah, and if I have or do piss you off/hurt your feelings/insert something bad here, I apologize.  It's the concussion, not me.  Blame it on the brain, yeah, yeah.

No comments: