Tuesday, February 26, 2008

God answers prayers

He does, He really really does.  So here recently I have been becoming more and more aware of how God really does answer prayer.  I mean, if you are a Christian, you "know" that God answers prayer, but it really doesn't seem like a reality all the time.  But HE DOES!!!  So this is going to sound a little crazy, but hey, so do a lot of things I say.  I have prayed for Dave Matthews for YEARS.  I mean a long time.  And as many know, Dave has been agnostic or something or another for, well, before I was born.  He was raised in a Christian home, but never found faith for himself.  Well, like I said I have been praying for him to find Jesus for quite sometime, and well, after reading an article from Christianitymusictoday.com I believe he has!!!!!  It was reported that he was filming the music video for his song Gravedigger at a local church where a youth group was holding a retreat.  Upon learning that Dave Matthews was on location there the youth group went up to him and asked if he had gone through any recent faith changes.  I believe the question was spurned on by one of his recent songs where he is crying out for the man who walks on water to save him.  Anyway, Dave's reply was that, yes, he had gone through some faith changes, and that he had "been washed by the blood of the lamb...and that's where it all starts."

Hoorah!!  I can't believe it!!  The man that I have been praying for, for years on end, has come to know Christ!!  Its awesome to be apart of that.  Now I am going to start praying that God pulls on his heart to become a worship leader/christian artist!

Also, I have been going through some really frustrating experiences, and my prayer has become God, bring someone along side me as a mentor, and guess what...without me even asking anyone or really knowing it was happening, I have  a mentor.  It happened yesterday after I felt like God was wanting me at the Church.  He is such a faithful God.  If you call out to Him, He WILL answer!!

No comments: